List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: gsoc 2013
From:       Roney Gomes <roney477 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-02-12 0:45:04

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 5:26 PM, Heena Mahour <hena18@rocketmail.com> wrote:
> Please post if someone is interested in mentoring this project in Gsoc 2013 also or related to it

Hi Heena.

Last year a student tried to pick the project you mentioned but, if I
recall correctly, the team (KDE Games) came to the conclusion of not
including any new games to the existing code base. That was decided
taking in consideration how weak we've been in terms of contributors
and how much effort it takes to maintain a game.

What happened was that the student interested in the project, rather
than making a new game, ported one of the games the project already
maintains to QML. I guess that's more or less the path you should also
follow, though it's a bit early to talk about GSoC.

Anyway, KDE Games is in the need of some help, specially on solving
bugs. Maybe you can give us a helping hand there. It's easy, just
subscribe to the kde-games-devel list and introduce yourself. :-)

--
Roney