List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: invalid SDL application's icon in KDE
From:       Thomas_Lübking <thomas.luebking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-02-09 14:20:40

On Samstag, 9. Februar 2013 15:08:20 CEST, Joe wrote:
> Checked "xprop". There is no _NET_WM_ICON proeprty, but I've noticed this
> one:
> _NET_WM_ICON_NAME(UTF8_STRING) = "INSTEAD - 1.8.3"
> Here is a full log: http://pastebin.com/rHxxjb3A

_NET_WM_ICON_NAME is not related to "icons" (don't ask, that predates your birth ;-)

The window only has legacy:

 bitmap id # to use for icon: 0x420000e
 bitmap id # of mask for icon: 0x420000c

which the taskbar (lib) likely does not resolve - file a bug there (they've to use \
"KWindowSystem::NETWM | KWindowSystem::WMHints", the second seems missing) and tell \
SDL to enter this millennium ;-)

> I forgot to mention that SDL applications have correct window title icon.
Yes, kwin resolves the bitmap id as well.

> What about that that _NET_WM_ICON property? I've checked out other
> applications and they have this property. So issue in SDL?

It's the way to hint icons since a decatde or so, but SDL is not very extensive on \
it's window hints / properties anyway.

Cheers,
Thomas