List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: invalid SDL application's icon in KDE
From:       Thomas_Lübking <thomas.luebking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-02-09 13:20:23

On Samstag, 9. Februar 2013 13:58:43 CEST, Joe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've noticed that SDL games have invalid icon at taskbar when running in
> KDE (this icon: /usr/share/icons/oxygen/32x32/apps/xorg.png).
> In rest of DEs (like a XFCE or GNOME) icon is ok.
> So I wonder if it's KDE specific or SDL specific issue? And can we handle
> it in some way?

Check "xprop" on the window, is there some _NET_WM_ICON proeprty?
How big.
It sounds as if the icon would be resolved from likely *_wm_class and filesystem and \
can not ("SDL" class or so?) - resulting in the invalid icon.

No idea, but assume this could happen if the window does not carry a sufficiently \
large icon (while it nevertheless sounds like a bug in lib/taskbar)

Cheers,
Thomas