List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: backup system for KDE
From:       Adrien  <adrien.grellier () laposte ! net>
Date:       2013-01-07 17:21:58

Hi

Thanks for all your answers.

kbackup looks like backintime-kde: A good tool, but not very integrated into
KDE and limited to file backup. I think a good backup system should be also
able to deal with database (for amarok, digikam, etc.), and should provide a
good restore interface.

Kamion is take the problem on a different angle (migration and backup),
which is interesting. Sadly, It's abandonned for a long time now.

So I will have a look at TimeVault, which share the most with what I want. I
hope to learn about KDE technologies, and maybe improve the software to make
a really practical tool. If so, I will be back in a couple of month to share
my work :)

Thank you,

Adrien