List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: backup system for KDE
From:       Tirtha Chatterjee <tirtha.p.chatterjee () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-01-06 2:57:48

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 9:25 PM, Adrien <adrien.grellier@laposte.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a backup system, well integrated into KDE. MacOS has
> TimeMachine, but for KDE I only found backintime-kde, which is developped
> but not well integrated, and timevault, which is well integrated and very
> promising, but abandonned:
> http://backintime.le-web.org/
> http://blog.chatonka.com/2009/12/timevault-progress-update/
>
> Before starting anything, I would like to know if people are working on
> such
> a backup system for KDE.

Some time back, I had started programming such a tool well-integrated into
KDE, called Filestory, which would use the same backend that Deja-Dup uses
- 'Duplicity'. I had done some work on it. I had suspended the project for
sometime, but I'd be glad to resume work on it. If you want to help out,
please let me know by mailing me, or pinging me on IRC (wyuka on
#kde-devel).

--
Regards
Tirtha Chatterjee