List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Seeking help to get involved as a developer
From:       Sebastian =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=FCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-12-18 14:29:49

Hi Ayudh,

On Tuesday, December 18, 2012 19:11:03 Ayudh Das wrote:
> I am a CS undergrad student from India. I want to get involved with kde as a
> developer. I particularly love ownClown and want to contribute to the
> mentioned project. I am an average programmer and I am willing to learn
> anything that is required. Kindly help me.

Cool. Welcome to KDE!

You can download and install the KDE owncloud client I'm working on from
https://github.com/sebasje/mirall and build the plasmaclient branch. You'll
need a special csync for this, instructions can be found at:
http://dragotin.wordpress.com/2012/03/22/csync-and-mirall-development-setup/

Right now, I'm heading for a stabilization phase, maybe a good opportunity to
jump in, test the code and help me fix some bugs?

I've recently blogged about this client, you might have seen it. In case you
didn't, here's the link:
http://vizzzion.org/blog/2012/12/an-owncloud-client-for-kde-plasma/

We have a kde-india mailinglist, by the way. You can subscribe to it at
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-india
to get in touch with other KDE community members from India.

Cheers,
--
sebas