List:       kde-devel
Subject:    running two sets of tests
From:       Robby Stephenson <robby () periapsis ! org>
Date:       2012-12-16 21:07:30

I'd like to break up the unit tests I have in Tellico into two groups.
The real unit tests are the ones that verify program behavior, but
there's a rather large group that just checks functionality with
online data sources (database APIs and such). Since that second group
depends on an internet connection, site availability and other
factors, I'd like to separate them from the ones that run with the
typical test flags.

Would it be best to have a separate cmake flag to enable them,
different from KDE_BUILD_TESTS? Or perhaps is there a way to designate
two different build targets, one for "test" and one for something
else? Anyone have suggestions?

Part of this is spurred by seeing the build checks and tests run by
the jenkins setup and wanting to make it more streamlined to run the
real unit tests for Tellico.

Thanks,
Robby