List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDirModel + Nepomuk ?
From:       daitheflu () free ! fr
Date:       2012-11-23 9:02:37

Hi Aaron, hi list,

> We've been working on a generic (and threaded :) model for accessing nepomuk
> data. It's in the mart/newMetadataModel branch of plasma-mobile. the hope is
> to move it somewhere generic (e.g. nepomuk-core or some such) and Marco wrote
> an email to the relevant lists about it.

Yeah, I've seen this :) I mentionned it in my email. I'm really happy to see this \
happening :)

> I'd highly suggest starting with that model as it allows you to access nepomuk
> data from QML very easily and, most importantly perhaps, reliably.

I'm afraid I can't for now. I'm using Python, so I'll have to wait until the bindings \
for this new model becomes available.

> Furthermore, I don't know if you are aware / familiar with the Plasma
> Mediacenter, but it may be something you'd like to coordinate with if you
> havent already.

Yup, you already told me about it a few months ago :)
The "problems" is that Plasma Media Center is written in C++ and I don't know it. And \
sadly, I don't think I'll have the time to learn it. Moreover, the last time I took a \
look at it, it seemed that we had a very different vision of what a media center \
should be. This is why I started my own thing. Well, since my project will be stuck \
for a while, I could maybe try to share my point of view again, and maybe stick to \
QML development. I'll think about it :)

Anyway, thanks for your answer, your time and your work.

Have a nice day,

--
François

--