List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KRunner plug-ins in python - The package name changes during execution(???)
From:       Giacomo Alzetta <giacomo.alzetta () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-11-08 13:38:49

On Thursday 08 November 2012 10:45:30 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 7, 2012 22:41:08 Giacomo Alzetta wrote:
> > The name of my package that implements the runner is "pseudocode" but it
> > becomes "runner_pseudocode_runner.pseudocode" during execution and this
> =

> if you don't get an answer here you'll want to try to get a hold of Petri
> Damst=E9n or Simon Edwards to wrote the python support.

I've found a work around, which is simply removing the plasma path hook and =

adding manually the directory to sys.path, but I think this is a really dir=
ty =

solution.

By what I see in pyrunner.py and plasma_importer.py I don't think there are =

other more elegant solutions. I don't really understand why they decided to =

use an import hook of this kind. It'd be enough to add the =

runner/contents/code directory to sys.path. If they wanted the code in that =

directory to have precedence over the rest of the path they could insert it=
 at =

the beginning instead of the end.

In the mean time I'm going to file a bug into kde's bug tracker.