List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Query about how to contribute!!
From:       Myriam Schweingruber <myriam () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-11-06 11:22:15

Hi Girish,

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 4:00 AM, Girish Baranda <girish.baranda@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>       I am Girish Baranda from India. And my query was that how should I get
> started to contribute to code. I know C, C++ and some knowledge of Qt
> framework.   As i am very new to open source i don't know much about it.
> please let me know from where can i start and how to start. I am really
> interested to code for KDE and want  some exposure to open source
> development.

Did you have a look at the website http://kde.org ? There is a link to
the Techbase wiki in the "Developer Platform" menu, which already
gives you quite some information.

I also suggest you read the KDE Guide that was made for new
developers: http://flossmanuals.net/kde-guide/

Then choose the application you like most and get in touch with the
developer team, or just have a look at the low hanging fruits marked
as Junior Jobs in http://bugs.kde.org:
http://community.kde.org/KDE/Junior_Jobs

Regards, Myriam
http://www.fsfe.org