List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KPluginLoader ==> cannot load any more object with static TLS
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2012-10-30 22:14:19

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 10:20 PM, Stephane MANKOWSKI
<stephane@mankowski.fr> wrote:
> I am working on Skrooge which uses plugin mechanism like this:
> KPluginLoader loader(service->library());
> KPluginFactory* factory = loader.factory();
> if (factory) {
> }
>
> On kubuntu 12.04 (with KDE 4.9.1), all plugins were successfully loaded.
> On kubuntu 12.10 (with KDE 4.9.2), some plugins are not loaded due to a NULL
> pointer returned by loader.factory()
> I didn't change the code of Skrooge in between.
>
> If I print the error message returned by loader.errorString(), I get this:
> dlopen: cannot load any more object with static TLS
>
> I don't understand this error.
> What does it mean?
> What should I do to be able to load all plugins like on previous version?

Ask Kubuntu what they changed maybe? Since you did a complete system
upgrade many more things than just the bugfix version of KDE might
have been changed, in particular the dynamic linker could be replaced
with a different one or maybe its just stricter regarding some things.

You should also try to identify which plugins are affected or wether
all plugins are affected by this. Does it help to rebuild Skrooge
completely (i.e. delete all builddirs)?