List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Issue with KWebwallet and QtWebKit23
From:       Michael Pyne <mpyne () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-10-23 22:11:08

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday, October 23, 2012 22:16:18 Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> I don't know if the following is a bug in QtWebKit-2.3 or whether it is
> changed behaviour that has triggered a bug in KWebWallet.

Given the backtrace ends up with many cyclic calls into JavaScriptCore I would
tend to think it's related more to QtWebKit than KWebWallet.

In a similar case with KHTML/KJS, the problem was due to using -ffast-math,
which caused a miscompilation of some of the JavaScript internals (which are
highly optimized and so sensitive to optimization bugs). -ffast-math shouldn't
be a default optimization option (I think even -O3 doesn't pull it in) but
make sure it's not in use.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne