List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Using KCategorizedView
From:       Ben Cooksley <bcooksley () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-10-10 6:31:52

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 7:36 PM, Pierre Stirnweiss
<pstirnweiss@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 11:57 PM, Ben Cooksley <bcooksley@kde.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 8:27 AM, Pierre Stirnweiss
>> <pstirnweiss@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> > Hello everybody,
>>
>> Hi Pierre,
>>

>> > As I am new to this list, first a little introduction:
>> > My name is Pierre Stirnweiss. I am french and 37 years old and currently
>> > live in Munich, Germany. I work on Calligra Words.
>> >
>> > Now to the stuff:
>> >
>> > I am having problems using the KCategorizedView.
>> >
>> > Here is the code: http://paste.kde.org/564680/
>> >
>> > The code is used in Calligra Words for the StylesManager dialog.
>> >
>> > What happens is:
>> >
>> > The items are properly displayed on opening the dialog. However, if I
>> > scroll
>> > the viewport with the mouse wheel, nothing happens. If I scroll it using
>> > the
>> > scrollbar's cursor, it starts by scrolling the items, then when the last
>> > one
>> > is reached, I can continue scrolling, but again, only the first items
>> > are
>> > displayed.
>> > Also it seems that subSortLessThan is never called. lessThan neither
>> > actually.
>> >
>> > If i use a normal QListView, or if I don't setCategorizedModel(true),
>> > the
>> > viewport scrolls normally. Sorting does not happen either.
>> >
>> > I have already lost a lot of hair on this and hope somebody can help me.
>>
>> I notice you have not set a Category Drawer, which could be the cause of
>> this.
>> You may find the code in IconMode::initWidget() in
>> kde-workspace/systemsettings/icons/IconMode.cpp to be helpful here.
>>

>> > PierreSt
>> > Calligra Words developer
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ben Cooksley

> Thanks for your answer. The KCategoryDrawer is created line 666 and set line
> 670 (of the paste). Do I need to implement a special one? The category title
> is actually properly drawn (AFAICS)

Oops, missed that. I do see that you have parented the drawer to the
KCategorizedView though.
As a wild guess - try not parenting the KCategoryDrawer instances to
their respective views - I can't recall exactly but there might have
been a problem with doing that as otherwise I wouldn't have deleted it
by hand in the IconMode code in System Settings.

> PierreSt

Regards,
Ben