List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: up to date kdesrc-buildrc
From:       Carsten Mattner <carstenmattner () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-10-06 9:04:28

On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 12:16 AM, Ian Wadham <iandw.au@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 06/10/2012, at 2:33 AM, Michael Pyne wrote:
>
>> On Monday, October 01, 2012 12:09:33 Ian Wadham wrote:
>>> Please can you update the website?
>>
>> I have updated the website to recommend using the git version of kdesrc-=
build
>> for now.
>
> Thanks, Michael, that's very clear.
>
>> I will probably shift back to bzip2 for the tarballs as well, xz is an
>> improvement but I figured xz was fairly widely available, if that's not =
the
>> case I will prefer to use bzip2.
>
> xz was not the problem for me.  It was finding the right tar options to
> expand the tarball.  Perhaps a sample command on the website =85

'tar xf kdesrcbuild-1.5.1.tar.xz' will automatically use unxz and
'tar xf kdesrcbuild-1.5.1.tar.gz' will automatically use gunzip.

'tar cfa kdesrcbuild-1.5.1.tar.xz kdesrcbuild-1.5.1' will automatically
use xz for compression.

That's true for GNU tar and I don't know for sure about BSD tar
versions.