List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: 10 Rasberry PIs available for projects
From:       Pablo Rogina <pablojr () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-10-04 14:51:18

>> So please. What's your cool idea for a Rasberry PI?

What I would like to do with the RPi and is to leverage the KDE
Accessibility project, specifically targeted for blind people. So
Jovie and simon will be key players for such implementation.
Given the form factor of the RPi, I even imagine some kind of portable
device: we don't need to care regarding any display since the
project's audience doesn't need it, and getting a small speaker can't
be difficult (the board has a 3.5mm jack so I can still use earplugs
as a last resort). All the more, given the GPIO pins, a Braille
keyboard may be an option as well (just 6 keys...)

I was helping some blind people with IT stuff at a non-profit library
here in Buenos Aires, Argentina and I remember some of them carrying
bulky and costly devices for simple tasks as recording a contact one
number and saying it aloud whenever they need to call a person on the
phone. I hope a RPi being more capable than that with the help of all
the available applications for the KDE environment.

Thanks.

Pablo J. Rogina
pablojr@gmail.com