List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to install application to local KDE
From:       Ben Cooksley <bcooksley () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-10-03 19:23:06

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 1:04 AM, Kevin Krammer <krammer@kde.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday, 2012-10-02, Dmitry Ashkadov wrote:
>> 01.10.2012 15:04, Kevin Krammer пишет:
>> > Hi Dmitry,

>> > You simply include the local installation prefix in KDEDIRS, e.g.
>> > something like
>> >
>> > export KDEDIRS=/usr:/usr/local:/your/prefix
>> >
>> > If you want that to be part of your part of your full session, you can
>> > put that into a file in $KDEHOME/env, e.g.
>> >
>> > # file $HOME/.kde/env/addkdedir.sh
>> > export KDEDIRS=${KDEDIRS-/usr:/usr/local}:/your/prefix
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> > Kevin
>>
>> Hello!
>>
>> I don't think it is sufficient.
>
> Works for me. I source the attached script in my KDE test account and can run
> multiple self-built versions like this.
>
>> For example, I have a plasma applet. I
>> use cmake to build it and I should type "cmake
>> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=<path to locally installed KDE>" to install
>> applet into local KDE.
>
> Exactly!
>
>> Moreover, other cmake variables must have set.
>> For example, cmake must search cmake-modules from local KDE (functions
>> like "find_package(KDE ...)").
>
> Maybe you need to also set KDEDIR to the local KDE's installation prefix.

Setting CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH should ensure that CMake knows to search
non-standard installation prefixes (such as your local KDE install).

>> If I don't install applet into local KDE, then how will KDE find new
>> applet and related content like QML files?
>
> You can add the applet's installation prefix to KDEDIRS

Note that if KDEDIRS is currently empty, you will need to include
`kde4-config --prefix` in it as well, otherwise things will break.
You may also find it necessary to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PATH as well
appropriately, to ensure libraries and executables are found properly.

> Cheers,
> Kevin
>
> --
> Kevin Krammer, KDE developer, xdg-utils developer
> KDE user support, developer mentoring

Regards,
Ben