List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: 10 Rasberry PIs available for projects
From:       John Layt <jlayt () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-09-27 12:56:49

On 26 September 2012 20:58, Lydia Pintscher <lydia@kde.org> wrote:

> So please. What's your cool idea for a Rasberry PI?

Already have a Pi myself, but I see two areas where the it works well:

* Appliances: Media Centre, Cloud Server, Photo Booth, etc, something
with a single purpose to plug in and forget.

* Education: This is the real reason for Pi to exist, and the
foundation will be pushing it into schools, so lets piggy-back on that
effort to get our software into more schools.  We need to make sure
our apps that are useful to schools (edu, office, etc) run well in the
default Rasbian distro, we cannot assume we will have the whole KDE
workspace running.  Anything that can help teach coding, especially in
Python, would be a plus, as would anything to control external
homebrew hardware.

Besides those areas, the Solid, KWin and kdeedu teams should get
testing units to make sure the hardware is well supported.

John.