List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Call for testing: kio-mtp
From:       Philipp Schmidt <philschmidt () gmx ! net>
Date:       2012-09-17 14:52:40

Hello everyone,

about half a year ago I boldly stated that I would implement a MTP KIO Slave.
Well, my master thesis and other stuff kept me busy and from that work, but
when I read that a Gnome developer published his first version of a GVFS
implementation…. Well, let's say that competition is good for motivation ;).

So here it is: The MTP KIO Slave. Pre Release, with the required warning that
it may eat cats, dogs or flies (Might not be such a bad thing) and may not be
the universal answer 42 you were looking for.

For now you can get it at my scratch repository, as soon as the repo request
is through I will announce the new playground-url here as well.

git://anongit.kde.org/scratch/schmidt/kio-mtp.git

Now for the fun part: What works (What I have been able to test so far)

All important things (yay)
 * Listing dirs and files
 * Creating dirs and files
 * Copying to and from the device (including recursive copy, thanks to KIO for
implemting that for me!)
 * Deleting stuff (recursively too, see above :D)

All operations with progress indicators where applicable.

What still needs testing:
 * the put/get methods, both with the following patch applied to kdelibs and
without: http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-devel&m=134252481824750&w=2

Comments on the code are welcome. I will clean it up in the following days,
including applying one coding style throughout, right now some older code is
still formatted differently.

So, tell me what you think!

Cheers, Philipp