List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How Can I change wallpaper from CLI?
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-09-06 10:09:12

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday, September 5, 2012 17:50:28 Michael Pyne wrote:
> Does this actually change the wallpaper for the default containment though,
> or is more work still needed on that end?

we have code that changes the wallpaper given an arbitrary image URL. it needs
to be put into (or accessed from) an SLC plugin, and that is trivial work.

getting application development to move beyond the concept that "integration
with the desktop means tightly coupling with it" is the less trivial work. :)

--
Aaron J. Seigo