List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Introducing KTutorial, a library for interactive tutorials in KDE applications
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-09-05 18:45:37

El Dimecres, 5 de setembre de 2012, a les 00:36:22, Daniel Calvi=F1o S=E1nc=
hez va =

escriure:
> >> =

> >> I'd consider them more data than documentation so according to
> >> http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Licensing_Policy they can be
> > =

> > ... and now i finish my email
> > =

> > LGPL version 2.1 as listed in kdelibs/COPYING.LIB or later
> > LGPL version 2.1, or version 3 or later versions approved by the
> > membership of KDE e.V.
> > BSD license as listed below.
> > Ensure that the BSD license does not contain the so called 'advertiseme=
nt
> > clause'.
> > MIT license as listed below.
> > X11 license as listed below.
> > GPL version 2 as listed in kdelibs/COPYING or later
> > GPL version 2 or version 3 or later versions approved by the membership=
 of
> > KDE e.V.
> =

> Done. I have licensed those tutorials under the GPLv2+ too.
> =

> I have also licensed under the GPLv2+ the example tutorials for
> Kdenlive and Gwenview (the ones I made myself from scratch). I could
> not change the license in the showFoto one, as the original tutorial
> was licensed under CC by-sa 3.0 and GFDL 1.2+ (the license for content
> in KDE UserBase).
> =

> Anyway, should the digiKam/showFoto developers ever get interested in
> KTutorial (and in that tutorial) I suppose that I could mail the
> original author to ask him for permission to license the derivated
> work under the GPLv2+ (there are other problems with that tutorial
> besides the license, like using a photo with recognizable people or
> downloading it from Internet, but it is not the matter here).
> =

> I think that all the concerns regarding KTutorial license are solved
> now, but if I missed something please tell me.
> =

> If everything is fine, what should I do now? The SVN guidelines
> (http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/SVN_Guidelines) say that I can
> import the code myself to playground, but I don't know if Git policies
> are different.

It's kind of similar. You can import it to a scratch repo and then create a =

bug to move it to playground
http://community.kde.org/Sysadmin/GitKdeOrgManual#Personal_scratch_reposito=
ries

For that you'll need to have a kde contributor account =

http://techbase.kde.org/Contribute/Get_a_Contributor_Account

Albert