List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KDirWatch emits created signal twice
From:       Aleix Pol <aleixpol () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-07-31 1:33:39

Hi,
I've run into a problem recently that I'm not sure what's the
solution, so I thought I'd ask the wise KDE crowd and see what we can
do.

The problem happens in KDevelop, when editing CMakeLists.txt files. We
have two KDirWatch instances pointing to those files:
- kate to see if it has changed outside
- kdevelop to see if the project has changed outside

now the problem is that, with my KDevelop hat on, if I add this file
to my kdevelop's watch, when I save a CMakeLists.txt file Kate opens
an dialog saying it has changed by a different process. But it's Kate
itself who edited this file.

I've checked Kate's code and it looks ok to me and likewise kdevelop's
not doing much else than listening to the file. If I comment out the
addFile/addDir call, then it doesn't happen.

Does anybody have an idea of why this is happening? I've seen
KDirWatch hasn't changed much either, lately... :/

Aleix