List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Normal guide describing how to build devel. ver. of KDE
From:       Martin =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gr=E4=DFlin?= <mgraesslin () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-07-20 17:13:02

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 20 July 2012 20:45:34 Dmitry wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Is there normal guide how to build development version of KDE, install
> it to local directory (no root privileges must be required) and "run"
> KDE (no root privileges)? I've found some information in TechBase but it
> is very poor. I'd like to develop applet in kde-workspace, but building
> of it fails. I think, distributed KDE libs and libs from git are too
> different. What I have to build to develop applets included in
> kde-workspace?
I highly recommend to use kdesrc-build to do the build of any KDE software.
It's nicely documented and the example buildrc gets always updated when a new
requirement is added.

According to the CMakeLists.txt of kde-workspace you would just need kde-libs
4.8.1. If you are on a Debian based distribution you can do an
apt-get build-dep kde-workspace
to get all required build dependencies for building kde-workspace.

Kind Regards
Martin Gräßlin