List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Bugs for unmaintained applications
From:       Christoph Feck <christoph () maxiom ! de>
Date:       2012-06-22 18:09:59

On Friday 22 June 2012 17:43:22 todd rme wrote:
> There seem to be open bugs for applications that appear to be
> unmaintained for a very long time (most since KDE 3 days or have
> been replaced by newer applications):

Try contacting the bug owner and ask what to do about them. So far, I
only contacted "noatun" maintainer, and he agreed to close all bugs as
unmaintained, but I never came around to actually do so.

> kiconedit

kiconedit is in extragear, and ported to KDE 4.

> noatun

See above.

> kcontrol

Many of kcontrol's bugs and wishes are still valid for System
Settings, but have not moved. I think there was some earlier
discussion/agreement about not moving them, but I am not really sure.

> kpackagekit

The kpackagekit maintainer is still around, so let him decide.

Christoph Feck (kdepepo)
KDE Quality Team