List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Running your self compiled KDE
From:       "Diego Casella ([Po]lentino)" <polentino911 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-06-15 11:13:15

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

> Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 10:14:37 +1000
> From: Lindsay Mathieson <lindsay.mathieson@gmail.com>
> To: kde-devel@kde.org
> Subject: Running your self compiled KDE
>
> Is there any particular reason why the instructions for running a kde
> build in
> its own session (or nested) have been archived? is it depreciated now?
>
> http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Run/Full_Session
>
> I noticed it mentioned issues with polkit. Also I couldn't get the archived
> instructions to work :)

Hi Linsday,

i'm talking from my own personal experience here: the last time I've
checked out that page was ~2+ years ago. Since then, I've adapted and
modified the process described there to fit my needs, and sometimes I also
had some spare time to blog about it :)
You can find some guidelines here[0]; if you are running some *buntu distro
you should get a perfectly working kde session (with polkit too, of course
;) without problems.
If you spot any issue, or know a better way to "get things done the right
way(TM)", don't hesitate and mail me/drop a comment :)
Cheers!

Diego

[0]
http://polentino911.wordpress.com/2012/05/06/compile-kde-from-sources-currently-4-8-x-under-kubuntu-12-04/

--

--
H: Who is Watson without Sherlock Holmes?
G: Watson was a genius in his own right.

My personal blog: http://polentino911.wordpress.com/

[Attachment #5 (text/html)]

                .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><br>