List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdesdk failing to build
From:       Lindsay Mathieson <lindsay.mathieson () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-06-11 12:18:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

[Attachment #4 (multipart/mixed)]

On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 02:08:25 PM Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> The logfiles that kdesrc-build generates might tell you,

build/err log I posted earlier, there doesn't appear to be a svn log. Maybe
thats a sign in and of itself?

> your specific
> .kdesrc-buildrc might also be useful to see.

Attached.

Thanks Andreas
--
Lindsay
["kdesrc-buildrc" (kdesrc-buildrc)]

# Sample configuration file for kdesrc-build.
#
# To use this sample configuration file, copy it to ~/.kdesrc-buildrc, and then
# edit it to suit your desires.
#
# Also see the included kdesrc-build-setup script, which will ask some
# questions and then generate a config. You can still refer to this file for
# additions.

# Global settings go in this section.  They apply to every module unless
# overridden later.
global

# This is the directory that your KDE sources are downloaded to.  This
# directory also holds the build and log directories by default.
#	source-dir ~/kdesrc

# This is the directory that KDE will end up installed at.  The default is
# appropriate for a single-user installation of KDE, which requires no root
# permissions.  If you'd like, you can install and use the sudo program to
# install KDE anywhere on your system, in conjunction with the
# make-install-prefix option.
#	kdedir ~/kde
#
# This is the Qt installation to use for building/using KDE. The default is
# to build Qt (see the qt module below). If you wish to use your system's
# installed Qt (assuming it is recent enough!) then you can set this to the
# path to your Qt installation. To find the path to your system's Qt, run
# "qmake -v". Qt will be installed to the path reported (do not include /lib)
#	qtdir ~/qt4  # Default to installing Qt
	qtdir /usr   # Use system Qt

# By default (if the above is commented out), you are getting svn trunk / git master.
# If instead you want to check out another branch, like 4.7, use
#	branch KDE/4.7
#
# With KDE/4.7, use "branch 2.6" for soprano, or distribution-provided soprano.
#
# but also see the qt and kdesupport modules below, which have special
# requirements

# This is the Subversion server to download the rest of the KDE sources from.
# Developers: Don't forget to add your username to the URL if necessary!
#	svn-server svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde

# cmake-options controls the compilation options for building KDE 4 modules.
# These options apply to all KDE modules unless otherwise specified.
#
# Also see http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/CMake#Command_Line_Variables
#	cmake-options -DKDE4_BUILD_TESTS:BOOL=ON
	cmake-options -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo

# These are the default options passed to the make command.  The default tries
# to build with 2 parallel compiles.  If you are using distcc or have SMP, you
# should experiment with setting this value higher for best performance.
#	make-options -j2

# KDE has one of the most extensive translation packages in the world.  They
# are stored in the l10n module.  kdesrc-build can automatically try to build
# and install languages for you, using this parameter.  It should be a list
# of languages to build and install.  This option requires the language code
# as present in l10n.  You can look these codes up at
# http://i18n.kde.org/teams/
#	kde-languages de        # German
#	kde-languages fr        # French
#	kde-languages en_GB cs  # British English and Czech

# If you would like install KDE to the system (DO NOT INSTALL *over* a prior
# installation!), then you'll probably need to use sudo to install everything.
#
# The -S parameter causes sudo to read from standard input (which is redirected
# by kdesrc-build).  This means that if sudo has to ask for your password, it
# will fail, you need to configure sudo to be able to run "make install"
# without requesting a password.
#
# In addition, you can run kdesrc-build --no-install, and then
# sudo kdesrc-build --install if you are unable to configure sudo to allow
# make install with no password.
#	 make-install-prefix sudo -S

# purge-old-logs controls whether old log files should be removed after the
# latest build finishes. Set to false to disable it.
#	 purge-old-logs false
end global

# qt is the default name of the module used to build Nokia's Qt toolkit, which is
# required for KDE. It is sometimes required to use the latest Qt available
# to build KDE. 2 versions are supported by kdesrc-build:
# 1. Nokia's Qt with no modifications.
# 2. A KDE copy with no modifications (but on a better git server).
#
# The Qt buildsystem is different from that used by KDE modules, and so
# settings from the global section will not apply to Qt.
module qt
# Use System Qt (manual-update effectively exludes qt-copy from build)
	manual-update true
# Configure flags. See README.kde-qt for the official recommended ones, which
# may become inconsistent with these sample flags.
# Do not specify -prefix, kdesrc-build will handle that.
#
# Phonon note:
# - If you compile phonon separately, make sure to pass -no-phonon.
# - Alternatively, if you use Qt's phonon, remove "phonon" from the use-modules
#   option in the module-set below.
# - As of KDE 4.6/Qt 4.7 the "right answer" is the first option: separate phonon.
	configure-flags -fast -debug \
	                -system-zlib -system-libpng -system-libjpeg \
	                -dbus -webkit -plugin-sql-mysql \
	                -nomake examples -nomake demos \
	                -no-phonon # See module-set below

#	make-options -j2

# The kde: prefix here will be expanded by kdesrc-build to the correct URL
	repository kde:qt

# If you use the branch option up in the "global" section to set a
# default KDE version, you should manually choose a branch here for Qt.
# You can see the available branches by looking first on gitorious.org,
# or by using "git branch -r" from the qt source directory.
#
# Note that Nokia's own Qt repository does not recommend using the master
# branch anymore. The Qt repository may be splitting in the future as well.
	branch 4.8
end module

# shared-desktop-ontologies is part of Nepomuk, and is basically a small set
# of data files expressing how different concepts relate to each other. It is
# required for Soprano, kdelibs (if Nepomuk is enabled), and kdepim-runtime.
# Often the distribution provides this package, but if not you can uncomment
# this module.

module shared-desktop-ontologies
    repository git://oscaf.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/oscaf/shared-desktop-ontologies
    branch master
end module

# Next is shown a "module-set", which is a grouping of modules that has special
# handling of the "repository" option (the module name is automatically added
# to the end for every module defined in this set), and accepts the special
# use-modules option to determine what modules are included in the group.
# Any other options included as defined for every module in the set.
# For every single module passed, kdesrc-build will create the appropriate
# "module" option, with the right repository setting (base + module name).
#
# If you need to set more options for only individual modules, you can add a
# module <name> ... end module as normal after the module-set, but keep in mind
# if you do this that you won't change the order the modules are built in.
#
# Example:
module-set
    # Special handling occurs with this option when used in module-set so you
    # don't have to re-type repository names.
    repository kde-projects

    # automoc is essential for building KDE's CMake-based modules, and so should be first
    # in this module set (but after Qt, if you're building that too)
    use-modules automoc cagibi attica soprano polkit-qt-1

    # Other options are simply passed to each defined module. For example if
    # you uncomment the next line, then the "Debug" build type will be used for
    # every module in this set, which makes modules optimized but still
    # debuggable.
    # cmake-options -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug
end module-set

# Phonon is the KDE multimedia layer, which is occasionally synced to Qt.
# It is required for the KDE libraries, and a specific backend for your system
# is also required. For Linux users, this means either phonon-gstreamer or
# phonon-vlc
module-set phonon
    repository kde-projects

    # We avoid using just "phonon" as kdesrc-build will include all submodules
    # that have phonon as part of their path. (i.e. it means phonon/*), but we
    # don't want all the phonon backends.
    use-modules phonon/phonon phonon-gstreamer # or you can try phonon-vlc
end module-set

# This set includes the modules required for the "strigi" file analyzer, used
# to extract information contained in various file types for Dolphin previews,
# Nepomuk tagging, etc.
module-set strigi
    repository kde-projects

    # Not all modules in strigi are built, and there is a certain order required.
    # See kde-build-metadata.git/{dependency-data,build-script-ignore}, which
    # are used automatically by kdesrc-build.
    use-modules kdesupport/strigi
end module-set

# kdesupport contains QCA, oxygen icons, and a few other small things.
module kdesupport
end module

# Support for notification area menus via the DBusMenu protocol
# This is needed by kdelibs.
#
# This is commented out as this is the only module that requires the 'bzr'
# source control software, and a recent libdbusmenu-qt development package from
# your distribution should meet the kdelibs dependency. If you wish to install
# this module, ensure you have the 'bzr' tool available and then uncomment this
# module.
#module libdbusmenu-qt
    # The lp: prefix refers to Canonical's Launchpad repository
#    repository bzr://lp:libdbusmenu-qt
#end module

# TagLib used to be in kdesupport and is used by JuK and Amarok for parsing
# audio metadata. It is required for JuK, amarok (though typically the
# system-provided taglib will suffice).
module taglib
    repository git://github.com/taglib/taglib.git

    # Note: -DWITH_ASF=TRUE and -DWITH_MP4=TRUE (for taglib) is required to
    # allow Amarok (defined below, near the end of this file) to build.
    cmake-options -DWITH_ASF=TRUE -DWITH_MP4=TRUE
end module

# kdelibs are the base KDE libraries needed by all KDE applications.
# kactivities is required for kde-runtime (supports Plasma Activity management)
# kde-runtime contains applications that are required for the operation of
# some base KDE libraries.
module-set
    repository kde-projects
    use-modules kdelibs kactivities kde-runtime

# KDE 4 uses CMake, if you need to pass options to the cmake command, use this
# option:
#	cmake-options -DKDE4_BUILD_TESTS:BOOL=ON
end module-set

# kdelibs was actually defined earlier, in the module set above. This module is
# only used to set the "branch" option.
module kdelibs
    branch KDE/4.8
end module

# The next module-set completes a base workspace. kdepimlibs should be compiled
# before the workspace and Plasma addons are compiled, and kdepimlibs itself
# requires akonadi.
# From there kde-workspace contains programs like Plasma Desktop and the KWin
# window manager, kde-baseapps contains core applications,
# and I also add konsole and kate since they are also very useful in general.
module-set
    repository kde-projects

    use-modules akonadi kdepimlibs kde-workspace \
                kde-baseapps kate konsole
end module-set

# KDE/kde-wallpapers contains all wallpapers for your desktop
module kde-wallpapers
end module

# KDE/kde-base-artwork contains the default splash screen
module kde-base-artwork
end module

# kdemultimedia contains JuK, Dragon Player and other KDE multimedia
# applications.  It does not include amarok, which is in git.kde.org
module-set kdemultimedia
    repository kde-projects
    use-modules kde/kdemultimedia
end module

# ... Well, they're games. ;)
module kdegames
end module

# kdesdk is a useful module for software developers. Programmers *need* this
# module for kcachegrind, but in addition there are several useful
# documentation kioslave formatters for use in konqueror.
module kdesdk
end module

# kdenetwork has Kopete and other useful applications for the Internet and
# other networks.
module kdenetwork
end module

# kdepim contains KMail, Kontact, KOrganizer, and other insanely useful
# programs that help you keep track of things. It consists of two core
# components, kdepim-runtime, and kdepim itself, which both depend on
# kdepimlibs.
module-set
    repository kde-projects

    use-modules kdepim-runtime kdepim
end module-set

# kdeadmin has system administration tools for your computer.
#module kdeadmin
#end module

# kdeaccessibility accessibility tools
#module-set accessibility
#   repository kde-projects
#   use-modules kde/kdeaccessibility
#end module

# kdeartwork has themes and screensaver
#module kdeartwork
#end module

# kdeutils has miscellaneous programs which can be useful.  You probably won't
# die if you remove this from the config file though.
module-set kdeutils
    repository kde-projects

    use-modules kdeutils
end module-set

# kdegraphics contains various programs useful for graphics editing.  It
# doesn't include Krita, which is part of Calligra, but it is worth it just for
# KolourPaint and Gwenview.
#
# Note that this just references the KDE Projects database, so this will expand
# into many more modules.
module-set kdegraphics
    repository kde-projects

    cmake-options -DJCONFIG_H=/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/jconfig.h

    # Until kdesrc-build supports dependency handling, you should specify
    # submodules that should be built in order specifically, and then the
    # parent module, which will build any remaining submodules.
    # kde/kdegraphics/* is a special syntax to include all children of
    # kde/kdegraphics, but not kde/kdegraphics itself (only one or the other
    # should be built)
    use-modules kde/kdegraphics/libs kde/kdegraphics/*
end module-set

# Contains nifty diversions of time, which generally aren't games.
module kdetoys
	# Let's explain a new kdesrc-build feature here, as an example:
	# Say you don't want "./kdesrc-build" to always update and build kdetoys,
	# but you want to specify options here (branch, cmake-options etc.) so that
	# you can invoke "./kdesrc-build kdetoys" explicitly, now and then.
	# The option manual-update does exactly this.
	manual-update true
end module

# Educational programs.  Some are actually quite fun even if you're not trying
# to learn anything.
module-set kdeedu
	manual-update true
    repository kde-projects

    # Until kdesrc-build supports dependency handling, you should specify
    # submodules that should be built in order specifically, and then the
    # parent module, which will build any remaining submodules.
    use-modules kde/kdeedu/libkdeedu kde/kdeedu
end module-set

# Extra collection of useful plasma applets, runners, data engines, etc.
module-set
    repository kde-projects

    use-modules kdeplasma-addons
end module-set

# The KDE Office Suite.  Includes a pretty expansive collection of programs.
# It is rather large, so you can cut download and build times by removing it
# from this file.
#module koffice
#end module

## A prerequisite for kdevelop other modules using the kdevelop platform, like
# kdewebdev
#module-set
#    use-modules kdevplatform
#    repository kde-projects
#end module-set

## The KDevelop IDE, useful for developing all kinds of programs.  If you don't
# plan on being a software developer you can save time by removing this from
# your configuration.
#module-set
#    use-modules kdevelop
#    repository kde-projects
#end module-set

# Modules in extragear and playground can also be added.
#
# To see what you can find in the various modules, browse
# http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear and
# http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground,
# and https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/extragear (for git modules)

# Amarok is a KDE multimedia application extraordinaire.
# If you want to build and install amarok, simply uncomment this module
#   NOTE: Ensure you've enabled ASF and MP4 support above in taglib. (If you
#   build the taglib module by itself instead of using your distro's taglib,
#   then make sure you've enabled this support for taglib).
#module amarok
#   repository kde-projects
#
#   use-modules amarok