List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Problems with Phonon
From:       Ferdinand_Nölscher <root () rapidcc ! com>
Date:       2012-06-10 18:39:52

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I don't know whether this is the right place for such problems, if not,
please forward this message.

I recently installed the phonon and gstreamer development packages and
after I did that, I noticed strange behaviour of certain api calls, not
only in my own program but in many other QT/Phonon programs as well.

Everytime the application calls MediaObject.stop() the sound/video stops
playing and the whole event loop suddenly stops processing for about a
second. The GUI stops being responsive. My backend is gstreamer with
pulseaudio but the vlc backend is also affected by this.

When running with "PHONON_BACKEND_DEBUG=5 PHONON_PULSEAUDIO_DEBUG=5
PHONON_SUBSYSTEM_DEBUG=5 PHONON_DEBUG=5" I can see all the state changes
but nothing special, except error messages like

QPixmap: It is not safe to use pixmaps outside the GUI thread

being thrown after the event loop starts again. I have not tested this
with any other application, though.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

kind regards,
Ferdinand Nölscher