List:       kde-devel
Subject:    stick with 4 or aim for 5?
From:       Anatoli Gorchetchnikov <anatoli () cns ! bu ! edu>
Date:       2012-06-04 12:13:45

Hi all,

I will be redesigning my app (last supported under KDE 3.5, dormant for about
7 years) for a modern system. As I noticed Qt 5 is in the process of appearing
and I would presume KDE 5 will follow shortly. The engine redesign will take
at least a few months, so I have some flexibility on the GUI side timewise. Do
you guys think I shall aim at the 5 from the start, or play it safe, stick
with 4, and set aside some time for porting it to 5 later?

--
Anatoli Gorchetchnikov, PhD
Research Assistant Professor