On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 11:21 AM, Weng Xuetian wrote: > > Hi kde world, > Currently kde have activity that can easily stop and save session. But > unfortunately there are several issue. > 1. multi window but single-process application does not work with stop > activity. > For example konsole, if we have two konsole window in different > activity, stop one activity will not stop konsole in the other > acitivity. > 2. application does not support save session. > For example firefox, the window will remain in other activity and stay > there. > > One of the problem is krunner search all window even in stopped > activity. That might could be think as a bug though. > > I wonder if there is a way to make application activity aware from > code level. That's to say, patch them, even only for KDE level would > be great as first step, for example, rekonq and konsole and many other > application will be able to benefit from activity. Is there any > possible approach right now? I implemented activity awareness in Rekonq a couple of months ago. While working at it, I noticed that many activity-related behaviors can be easily confused with bugs. For example, suppose an application has 3 windows open in 3 different activities at logout, but does not restore the 3 windows on session restore. Then, if you have a window in one activity and you open a new window from that application, it will probably be displayed in another activity and the user may think the window was never opened at all. I gave a lot of thought to that issue and finally concluded that incorrect session restore code should be considered a bug in the application and not a bug in Activities code. > If not, should something like "KActivityAwareApplication" to be done > in order to let developer easily implement this feature? How would a "KActivityAwareApplication" be different from a KApplication? Activity awareness depends very much on the specific purpose of the application, I think. David E. Narvaez >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<