Am Donnerstag 03 Mai 2012, 11.46:27 schrieb Denis Koryavov: > Hello developers! Good morning Denies Let me first thank you for brining your stuff upstream and your interest to work together! I took a look at the videos below and there is some ideas and questions from my side. > Let me introduce itself. I'm Denis Koryavov - the head of UI development > department in ROSA, Russia. We work on our distro based on KDE and created > several utilities for KDE which we want to submit for your consideration. > We'll be happy if you will found them useable. > > StackFolder > > StackFolder is an utility that looks like some several utilities from KDE. > Originally it is a fork of plasma-applet-folderview that redesigned to > look like MacOS X Stask utility (for the time being it rewritten on QML > with the parts of old code). Here is the video where you can see the > features of StackFolders (this is a old video, but topical): > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnH13y_FlHU Looks really nice. You speak about the fork of plasma-applet-folderview. Were you in contact with the Plasma people (plasma-devel@kde.org)? > -- SOURCES -- > > You can download source code from here: > https://abf.rosalinux.ru/projects/64692 > > Or you can use git for fetching the sources: > > git clone https://abf.rosalinux.ru/uxteam/StackFolder.git > > > KLook > > KLook is an other utility for KDE, it written in QML. With the help of this > utility, user can quickly look at files with different mime-types. In > fact, it is practically exact copy of MacOS X QuickLook utility). User > can use it directly from the Dolphin file manager by pressing a 'Space' > key on keyboard. > > -- FEATURES -- > > For now KLook supports: > - audio and video files (all that supported by Phonon); > - graphic files (png, jpg); > - text files; > - for files with different mime-types (and folders) user can see its > preferences; I like it. First thought was: what about pdf support but then I saw something about this in the video. What's the status about pdfs? > We created a video with the demonstration of functions of KLook. You can > see it here: > http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iADISfFTyjY > > This video is also old, but topical. On it you can see 70% functions of the > KLook (after we created this video we added integration with the > StackFolder, possibility to listen audio files and possibility to see any > file, as minimum - its properties). > > > -- SOURCES -- > > You can download source code from here: > https://abf.rosalinux.ru/projects/64689 A patch for KDE 4.8 that allows to > use KLook directly from the Dolphin file manager is here: > https://abf.rosalinux.ru/projects/64429/blob/master/kdebase-4.8.1-dolphin- > klook.patch If it's about Dolphin were you in contact with Peter Penz, the Dolphin maintainer? > GIT: > > git clone https://abf.rosalinux.ru/uxteam/KLook.git > > Both of these utilities are included in our distro and were well tested by > many users. It is time to present them for you. We have resources to work > on them and later, and if you will decide that that they are worthy of > KDE, we would be happy to work on them in KDE project. > > Thanks! I think (please others correct me if I'm wrong) a first step would be to get a KDE account and import your software to the KDE git playground area. Thanks for your work on and with KDE software Mario >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<