List:       kde-devel
Subject:    create activity aware application
From:       Weng Xuetian <wengxt () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-05-02 16:21:47

Hi kde world,
Currently kde have activity that can easily stop and save session. But
unfortunately there are several issue.
1. multi window but single-process application does not work with stop activity.
For example konsole, if we have two konsole window in different
activity, stop one activity will not stop konsole in the other
acitivity.
2. application does not support save session.
For example firefox, the window will remain in other activity and stay there.

One of the problem is krunner search all window even in stopped
activity. That might could be think as a bug though.

I wonder if there is a way to make application activity aware from
code level. That's to say, patch them, even only for KDE level would
be great as first step, for example, rekonq and konsole and many other
application will be able to benefit from activity. Is there any
possible approach right now?

If not, should something like "KActivityAwareApplication" to be done
in order to let developer easily implement this feature?

Regards.