List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Running static Qt binaries under KDE
From:       Nikos Chantziaras <realnc () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-04-02 12:17:31

Hello.

I have a use case where linking an executable statically against Qt
makes sense.  However, the resulting binary fails to use KDE's current
widget style (like Oxygen).  Is this even possible with binaries that
link-in Qt statically?

At first I thought it's because of version mismatches (Qt version used
to link the binary against, and Qt version KDE uses on the system.)  But
this turns out to be not the case, since dynamically linked binaries
that also use a different Qt version can use Oxygen just fine.  For
example, a binary that has been dynamically linked against
/opt/qt/qt-4.6.4/ and uses those libs at runtime (rpath or
LD_LIBRARY_PATH), uses Oxygen in a KDE that uses a Qt 4.8.1 in /usr/lib/.