List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: GSoC - Ktechlab and KDE?
From:       Kevin Krammer <krammer () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-03-28 17:32:49

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

On Wednesday, 2012-03-28, Vanderson Rosario wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm a Computer Science student from Brazil and I want to participate on the
> GoSC 2012.

Thank you for your interest in helping KDE :)

> Ktechlab is a very useful application in some subjects in the graduation,
> but it's most actual version does not support the new versions of KDE and
> QT.
> So I was thinking about revitalizing the Ktechlab, porting it to the QT and
> KDE 4, but Ktechlab don't belong to KDE.
>
> My question is:
> This project could be considered a KDE project, even though Ktechlab
> doesn't make part of it? And Could I send it to GoSC?

As far as I can see the developers are already working on a Qt4/KDE4 port.

The developer repositories ktl-j_ohny_b and ktl-zoltan_p both contain files
that indicate Qt4 style code (e.g. camel case includes).

Now, neither porting nor Ktechlab work in general are ouf of question IMHO,
however we would need one of its developers to be available as a mentor and
some additional guidance of what kind of work they would like to have done as
a GSOC project.

My suggestion is that you contact them, see if they are interested and if they
are ask them to contact one of our GSOC admins [1] or [2]

Cheers,
Kevin

[1] email to kde-soc-mentor-owner@kde.org
[2] IRC channel #kde-soc, freenode network, there is almost always one of the
admins around

KDE user support, developer mentoring