List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Using custom controls in KConfigXT
From:       Christian Taubenheim <c.taubenheim () q-bus ! de>
Date:       2012-03-19 8:19:19

Hi all,
i use the KConfigXT concept for managing settings of my app.
I also managed to implement a QButton that holds a user specified color
(by opening a QColorDialog), which is transferred into the settings
manually.

I called 'enableButtonApply(true) on my dialog if the user changed the
color, but when the user clicks 'Apply' no other signal gets emitted
from KConfigDialog.

What signal should i emit if the data in this KConfigDialog has changed?
I tried to emit 'settingsChanged(QString)' but that applies the settings
directly without giving the user a chance to click 'cancel' and dismiss
the settings.

Many thanks in advance for any help on that.
Greetings, -chris-