List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Google Summer Of Code
From:       Lydia Pintscher <lydia () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-03-18 14:34:46

On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 23:00, Piotr Shipilo <ikrumping@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello! My name is Piotr. I have some any questions about Google Summer
> of Code. I was found very interesting projects for Amarok on KDE GSoC
> Project page (http://community.kde.org/GSoC/2012/Ideas). Very much
> Amarok projects required knowlege   in C++ and QT (like for us). Can I
> work together on a project with a friend who signs up to participate
> with me. What is your attitude to work together as a team on the
> project.
>
> Thank you for your attention. Waiting for your reply.

Hi Piotr,

It's unfortunately not allowed to do group projects in GSoC, not in
KDE and not in any of the other organisations.
KDE is going to run Season of KDE again however where this is
possible. Season of KDE works similarly to GSoC but the projects are
usually smaller and students do not get paid. There is however going
to be some swag.

Cheers
Lydia

KDE Community Working Group / KDE e.V. board member
http://kde.org - http://open-advice.org