Am Dienstag 06 M=E4rz 2012, 14.16:34 schrieb Klaas Freitag: Morning Jos=E9 and Klaas > > I'm considering to apply to GSoC this year, and if I do, I would like to > > improve the status of scanning and optical character recognition in KDE; > > being more specific: > > = > > = > > What I want to achieve > > -------------------------------- > > ... > > So... to sum up: it was/is easier to produce good djvu documents with > > propietary software. I want a KDE'ish program to replace the expensive > > "Document Express". > = > Thats a very ambitious target. Absolutely. [snip[ > > 2. Port kooka to the modern libksane. > = > Cool, but I think Kooka as an app needs much more than just a new > underlying lib. Graphics apps nowadays are much more cool than Kooka > ever was. So if you pick that I think you should be willing to bring > Kooka to an up to date state. However I am not so sure if there is still > a demand for that kind of app... There is absolutely a demand for a KDE OCR app. As KDE wants to focus this = year on Accessibility we should be aware that OCR is a big topic for blind = people! Thx Mario >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscrib= e <<