--===============7550443569293399294== Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=20cf307ca01a8b89ba04ba1ee173 --20cf307ca01a8b89ba04ba1ee173 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Hi all, Milan:I think the points you made are pretty exciting.As I said in my earlier mail,my main plan is not to integrate only IRC,but every component that a FOSS developer needs.My idea is to basically integrate all the components suggested by the community.The list I initially sent is very basic.It will be expanded by interacting and taking suggestions from the community. I aam really very excited about the project and I want to get started ASAP.It would be really helpful if the community could keep on providng valuable suggestions to me. Milan/Jacky:Could anyone please mentor me in this? Thanks, Atri On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 12:19 AM, Jacky Alcine wrote: > On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 1:39 PM, Milian Wolff wrote: > > On Wednesday 29 February 2012 16:20:07 Atri Sharma wrote: > >> Hi, > >> > >> I am Atri Sharma.I am a C++ developer. > >> > >> I had an application in mind which I believe can be implemented on KDE. > >> > >> All the FOSS developers have a set of applications and tools which are > >> needed regularly.Accessing them seperately can be time consuming.My > system > >> would give the developer a single GUI from where he/she can code,manage > >> their task and bug lists,stay connected on IRC,manage their > projects,access > >> the repository,run diff/patch with a single click,set their > status,manage > >> their projects,access the terminal and many other features. > > > > integration is nice and all, but please keep the usefulness in mind. an > > integrated irc client is really nothing I want to have in kdevelop, quite > > frankly... next someone wants an email client and we end up being > emacs... > > > > Rather I think - assuming you want to contribute to kdevelop - you should > > think about integrating smaller utilities that are acutally useful in an > > integrated development IDE. Having a list of bugs would be useful. Some > way to > > share meta data with developers, i.e. where their mailing lists are, what > > their irc channel is etc. pp. > > I've been working on a plug-in that scans source code to populate the > Problems pane whenever it detects specific task-tags, similar to that > of Eclipse. I found it useful when developing Android applications, > and I would love it desperately in KDevelop. > > Another nifty idea would be being able to link bugs directly in the > code. Using a simple template for URL, like > http://bug_url.org?index=%index, developers could just click and view > the bug in a browser (or in a KHTML window). > > As for your meta-data idea, would it have to be like information about > the project specifically? If so, we could incorporate that into the > project file and build a plasmoid that shows that information. > > > > > All the above is exactly the idea of our integrated plasma dashboard. If > you > > want, you can try to bring it up2speed and making it useable. > > > > bye > > -- > > Milian Wolff > > mail@milianw.de > > http://milianw.de > > > >>> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to > unsubscribe << > > >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to > unsubscribe << > --20cf307ca01a8b89ba04ba1ee173 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Hi all,
=A0
Milan:I think the points you made are = pretty exciting.As I said in my earlier mail,my main plan is not to integra= te only IRC,but every component that a FOSS developer needs.My idea is to b= asically integrate all the components suggested by the community.The list I= initially sent is very basic.It will be expanded by interacting and taking= suggestions from the community.
=A0
I aam really very excited about the project and I want t= o get started ASAP.It would be really helpful if the community could keep o= n providng valuable suggestions to me.
=A0
Milan/Jacky:= Could anyone please mentor me in this?
=A0
Thanks,
Atri

http://bug_= url.org?index=3D%index, developers could just click and view

--20cf307ca01a8b89ba04ba1ee173-- --===============7550443569293399294== Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe << --===============7550443569293399294==--