List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Regarding development of an application for KDE
From:       Milian Wolff <mail () milianw ! de>
Date:       2012-02-29 18:39:29

On Wednesday 29 February 2012 16:20:07 Atri Sharma wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am Atri Sharma.I am a C++ developer.
>
> I had an application in mind which I believe can be implemented on KDE.
>
> All the FOSS developers have a set of applications and tools which are
> needed regularly.Accessing them seperately can be time consuming.My system
> would give the developer a single GUI from where he/she can code,manage
> their task and bug lists,stay connected on IRC,manage their projects,access
> the repository,run diff/patch with a single click,set their status,manage
> their projects,access the terminal and many other features.

integration is nice and all, but please keep the usefulness in mind. an
integrated irc client is really nothing I want to have in kdevelop, quite
frankly... next someone wants an email client and we end up being emacs...

Rather I think - assuming you want to contribute to kdevelop - you should
think about integrating smaller utilities that are acutally useful in an
integrated development IDE. Having a list of bugs would be useful. Some way to
share meta data with developers, i.e. where their mailing lists are, what
their irc channel is etc. pp.

All the above is exactly the idea of our integrated plasma dashboard. If you
want, you can try to bring it up2speed and making it useable.

bye
--
Milian Wolff
mail@milianw.de