List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror- GSOC idea
From:       Stefan Majewsky <stefan.majewsky () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2012-02-13 10:49:50

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 2:09 AM, Abhishek Sood A <soodabhi7@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hii I was just thinking if its possible to categorize the downloads in
> konqueror depending on file types and target it to respective folders which
> would make it easier to access.

It's probably not enough for a full GSoC. Once you found the code
which downloads files, it's a matter of adding some lines to
distinguish filetypes, and adding a configuration UI.

By the way, if you want to sort downloads by file types, using Nepomuk
is the obvious solution. Aren't downloaded files tagged by the
downloading application automatically? If so, it should be enough to
add a file type tag if necessary.

Greetings
Stefan