List:       kde-devel
Subject:    using QtCreator/Designer .ui form with KDE
From:       Jan Kalcic <jandot () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2012-02-11 1:54:27

Hi there,

It is a bit I am getting to know Qt developing small and almost useless
applications just to practice, particularly using Qt Creator (I find it
very easy, intuitive, powerful and also cool BTW)

Now I have one app which I am starting to take more seriously and with
this I would like to "swtich" to KDE classes. It seems to be not too
difficult but I still have a missing point. I assume it is possible to
use .ui forms created with QtCreator/Designer and I also assume that the
.ui file which is converted in the header file by the UIC (invoked
automatically by qmake) is the same XML file I can use as .rc file
(needed by KXMLGUIClient). Am I wrong? I am sure I am as it does not
work and it also seems the two XML files actually have difference syntax.

So how can this be achieved?

Thanks,
Jan