List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Low frame rates under KDE 4.7.x
From:       Thomas =?UTF-8?B?TMO8Ymtpbmc=?= <thomas.luebking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-12-08 15:05:24

Am Thu, 8 Dec 2011 15:17:55 +0100
schrieb Sebastian Kügler <sebas@kde.org>:

> On Thursday, December 08, 2011 14:54:35 Markus Elfring wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I have realised that I get higher frame rates for applications like
> > "glxgears" and "MegaGlest 3.5.2" when they ran in other desktop
> > environments. Would you like to give me any hints why the 3D
> > graphics display can become slow in my KDE 4.7.3 configuration
> > under openSUSE 12.1?
> > http://forums.opensuse.org/english/get-technical-help-here/applications/469
> > 218-strange-lower-frame-rates-under-kde-4-7-x.html
>
> Google for "glxgears is not a benchmark" :-)

2 frames in 6.8 seconds =  0.292 FPS
2 frames in 7.0 seconds =  0.287 FPS

That's faar too low nevertheless.

anyway:
a) kde-devel is no user forum, nor a bugtracker.
b) it's most likely due to compositing -> shift+alt+f12
c) for anything else you'll have to provide faaar more information,
like the settings in "kcmshell4 kwincompositing", your nvidia settings,
the cpu distribution when running glxgears and ideally a sysprof dump
of that time
d) see a) -> this is not the correct mailing list.

Cheers,
Thomas