List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Auto mounting never worked.
From:       Thomas =?UTF-8?B?TMO8Ymtpbmc=?= <thomas.luebking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-11-29 23:20:23

Am Wed, 30 Nov 2011 00:02:59 +0100
schrieb Christoph Feck <christoph@maxiom.de>:

> On Tuesday 29 November 2011 23:44:23 Stefan Majewsky wrote:
> > as far as I can see, automounting is not included in KDE by design.
>
> There is System Settings > Removable Devices that should handle
> automount of devices. If that does not work, report a bug with exact
> steps to reproduce.

The OP has some attached, 261376, 243046 & 252518
According to 26x (and i can confirm this) it's spellbound to "only
automatically mount removable media that has been manually mounted
before"

I however think what Stefan meant to say was "KDE does not rely on this
feature because devices are mounted when required by eg. entering them"

That bug also suggest to remove the feature/setting if it doesn't work
anyway - I tend to agree, though for "other" reasons...
(I wasn't aware such feature existed and would never have looked for or
expected it...)

Thomas