List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: "Set date and time automatically" is grayed out
From:       Nikos Chantziaras <realnc () arcor ! de>
Date:       2011-10-29 16:53:39

On 10/02/2011 11:27 AM, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> On 10/02/2011 10:14 AM, Θεόφιλος Ιντζόγλου wrote:
>> On Sat 01 of Oct 2011 23:07:49 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
>>> There is a checkbox in the Date& Time System Settings that says "Set
>>> date and time automatically". However, it's grayed out and can't be
>>> enabled.
>>>
>>> What do I need to do to get that functionality?

>> Do you have ntp installed? I think that it is required for automatic
>> date and
>> time synchonization.
>
> I had openntpd installed. Seems like this doesn't work. I removed it,
> and installed plain old ntp. Now the checkbox is active.
>
> Thanks.

I just (yeah took me that long :P) noticed that KDE does not sync the
clock at all after I changed that setting.  It only does that when you
enable the checkbox and click "Apply" or "OK".  After that, it will
never connect to the time server again to sync the clock.

So back to the original question; What do I need to do?