List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Problem with installing plasmoid written by python
From:       jialrs_dev <jialrs_dev () 126 ! com>
Date:       2011-10-22 2:55:50

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I am sorry to reply so late , i just have tried change servicetype as
     X-KDE-ServiceTypes=Plasma/Applet,Plasma/PopupApple
but when i run it just to get the fellowing error:
     Could not find a suitable installer for package of type
Plasma/Applet,Plasma/PopupApple

then i tried
     ServiceTypes=Plasma/Applet,Plasma/PopupApple
and
     ServiceTypes=Plasma/PopupApplet,Plasma/Apple

the former can install, and add to panel, but failed load the applet,
giving error
     AttributeError: 'Applet' object has no attribute 'setPopupIcon'
the latter can run well, and be installed , but can't be add into panel.

that' all i test. Maybe i should learn something more deeply before i can
make it work well

by jialrs

On 10/02/11 05:13, Diego Casella ([Po]lentino) wrote:

>     Message: 1
>     Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 14:58:53 +0800 (GMT+08:00)
>     From: jialrs_dev@126.com <mailto:jialrs_dev@126.com>
>     To: kde-devel <kde-devel@kde.org <mailto:kde-devel@kde.org>>
>     Subject: Problem with installing plasmoid written by python .
>
>     Hi everyone , I just have an problem with installing plasmoid
>     writen by python.
>     I test it through plasmoidview and install through plasmapkg, and
>     until now all is successful.
>     But when adding it to the panel ,I can't find it in the widget
>     list even after restart kde .
>     and I have checked my home dir , it is actually installed. beside
>     ,my plasmoid is a
>     popup one , I suspect that's the problem ,because before I change
>     the service-type from Plasma/Applet to Plasma/PopupApplet,I can
>     find it successful .
>     Is it my mistake or a bug of plasma ? Does anyone have the idea ?
>

> Lol I already told you in my very first reply:  use the following syntax
>
>        X-KDE-ServiceTypes=Plasma/Applet,Plasma/PopupApple
>
> and see what happens :)
>

>     By jialrs
>
> Cheers,
>
> Diego
> --
> H: Who is Watson without Sherlock Holmes?
> G: Watson was a genius in his own right.
>
> My personal blog: http://polentino911.wordpress.com/

[Attachment #5 (text/html)]

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    I am sorry to reply so late , i just have tried change servicetype
    as<br>
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; X-KDE-ServiceTypes=Plasma/Applet,Plasma/PopupApple<br>
    but when i run it just to get the fellowing error:<br>
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Could not find a suitable installer for package of type
    Plasma/Applet,Plasma/PopupApple<br>
    then i tried <br>
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; ServiceTypes=Plasma/Applet,Plasma/PopupApple&nbsp; <br>
    and<br>
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; ServiceTypes=Plasma/PopupApplet,Plasma/Apple<br>
    the former can install, and add to panel, but failed load the
    applet, giving error <br>
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; AttributeError: 'Applet' object has no attribute \
'setPopupIcon'<br>  the latter can run well, and be installed , but can't be add into
    panel.<br>
    that' all i test. Maybe i should learn something more deeply before
    i can<br>
    make it work well<br>
    by jialrs<br>
          .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;">
          Message: 1<br>
          Hi everyone , I just have an problem with installing plasmoid
          writen by python.<br>
          I test it through plasmoidview and install through plasmapkg,
          and until now all is successful.<br>
          But when adding it to the panel ,I can't find it in the widget
          list even after restart kde .<br>
          and I have checked my home dir , it is actually installed.
          beside ,my plasmoid is a<br>
          popup one , I suspect that's the problem ,because before I
          change the service-type from Plasma/Applet to
          Plasma/PopupApplet,I can find it successful .<br>
          Is it my mistake or a bug of plasma ? Does anyone have the
          idea ?<br>
          Lol I already told you in my very first reply:&nbsp; use the
          following syntax<br>
          &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; \
X-KDE-ServiceTypes=Plasma/Applet,Plasma/PopupApple<br>  <br>
          and see what happens :)<br>
          0.8ex; border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204);
          padding-left: 1ex;">
          By jialrs<br>
          Diego <br>
      -- <br>
      H: Who is Watson without Sherlock Holmes?<br>
      G: Watson was a genius in his own right.<br>
      My personal blog: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
        href="http://polentino911.wordpress.com/" \
      <pre wrap="">
</pre>
          <pre wrap="">Visit <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" \
href="http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub">http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub</a> \
to unsubscribe &lt;&lt; </pre>