List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: why are bugs ignored over months?
From:       Robert Riemann <robert.riemann () physik ! hu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2011-09-21 11:49:46

Am Mittwoch, 21. September 2011, 13:35:17 schrieb Reindl Harald:
> Am 21.09.2011 13:19, schrieb Brad Hards:

> >> this is a poor argument
> >>
> >> how do you imagine a php-developer fixing a bug in KDE/Plasma?
> >> are you developer or only user, if you are only user i can
> >> understand this naive answer of you a little bit, if you are
> >> developer you must be crazy think somebody can learn how
> >> to develop/debug kde/plsama-code in a reasonable time
> >>
> >> these "why are you not fixing it on your own" are simply dumb
> >> arguments as also "they do this in their free time" because
> >> if they do this without getting paied they should be interestet
> >> in a good reputation and errors in basic-operation are the worst
> >> ever can happen
> >
> > OK. Thanks for your continuing support for KDE
>
> what exactly are you missing in the difference between developers / users
>
> my user-support is writing bug-reports, this is what i can do
> and this bugreport is the best sample that nobody is interested in the
> help of users - so the developers have two options: test their code
> or reply to bugreports
>
> who do you think you are tell everybody he has to shut up if the
> if he is no kde-developer and can not fix bugs on his own?

Your writings make me very sad. For what reasons do you think
free software developers are working in the case when it is not to
make a living. It's just for fun. Do you think you increase the fun
of kde developers the way you continue this conversation? Please
make them not stop working at all! ;)

You cannot claim anything. There is no guarantee to receive 100% bug-free
software. (Maybe you remember these statements like "This program is free
software. It comes without any warranty"). If you are not content, you should
pay for professional support or kindly ask the people to catch up with your
bug. There are only these two options.

So who are you, to ignore all these rules when dealing with FOSS?

So please think again about your opinions and statements and consider, that
your reputation in the FOSS community might be not as good as before when you
dont start to backpedal soon.

Robert