List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Unable to link libkdesu
From:       "Felix H. Dahlke" <fhd () ubercode ! de>
Date:       2011-08-04 15:50:59

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On 08/03/2011 07:53 PM, Tushar Mehta wrote:
> before compiling kdelibs you need to compile other dependency also.
> check out kde techbase for that.
> I used cmakekde script and it took only few mins to get my work done :)=

It's probably not a dependency problem, CMake would complain. Besides,
I'm using kdesrc-build, takes care of deps and build order.

The real problem seems to be:
/usr/bin/ld: error: ../lib/libkpty.so.4.8.0:1:1: invalid character

I just noticed that I had the experimental gold linker, that might well
be the reason for this error. I'll try to build again with the normal ld
once I get home.