List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Problems writting new kioslave.
From:       Nikhil Marathe <nsm.nikhil () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-07-08 16:19:42

On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 8:46 AM, Marc Mauri Alloza
<marcmaurialloza@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As part of my Season of KDE project I'm writting a kisolave to get and
> write files concurrently by different users. To do it I'm doing a
> kioslave that will use Telepathy and maybe infinote protocol. At the
> moment I'm trying to make that the get() method of the kioslave
> returns a "plain/text" file with the username of the telepathy
> accounts that I have configured.

Could you please tell me if you are testing the slave by launching it
in konqueror/dolphin or using your own test program or kioclient?

> When I run it I get an anoying error:
> kioclient(3854)/kio (KRun): KRun(0x885dac8) ERROR (stat): 143 "The
> process for the infinote protocol died unexpectedly"

Over the top of my head I'm going to venture that this has something
to do with not
having overridden SlaveBase::stat() or there is an actual crash bug in
your code.
It would be great if you could switch on debugging information and try
again and paste some
kind of log here.

I think the steps to enable debug from a certain terminal are:
1. run kdebugdialog and enable the kio related debug channels
2. run kdeinit4 from that terminal
3. run the slave.

Regards,
Nikhil