List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Storing data
From:       Thomas =?utf-8?q?L=C3=BCbking?= <thomas.luebking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-06-24 13:52:10

Am Friday 24 June 2011 schrieb Parker Coates:
> For reading and writing "data storage" XML, I personally think the
> QXmlStream(Reader|Writer) classes are nicer (and potentially more
> performant because the whole document doesn't ever have to be stored
> in memory). There was also some talk of removing QDomDocument in Qt5.

"eewww" ;-)

While it's certainly more performant and the "proper" (better) way to deal
with large documents, the caller has to care about validity himself, yesno?

So to just map some data into a valid xml, my impression was that QDomDoc is
the errrrr... more "reliable" approach. *shrug*

Cheers,
Thomas