List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Crashing AboutDialogBox due to addAuthor() on MacOSX
From:       Marko_Käning <mk-lists () email ! de>
Date:       2011-06-19 15:46:06

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

In the meantime I used KNS from \
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Collaboration/HotNewStuff/Introduction \
(with a few little corrections) and made it build and run. It runs fine, I can see \
the wallpaper images no problem. On pressing the close button the app finishes \
normally without a crash.

For code see here: https://bitbucket.org/mkae/kde-tests/src/9b358fdbe20f/HotNewStuff/

and here is some output: \
https://bitbucket.org/mkae/kde-tests/issue/2/hotnewstuff-on-mac-os-x

> An instance of KNewStuff3 is used in Dolphin.
> Settings -> Configure Dolphin... -> Services -> Download New Services...
> The dialog that pops up has a view which uses a delegate derived from
> KWidgetItemDelegate, so if that crashes too then it might give us a
> clue.

OK, but luckily I have Dolphin installed as well and can test your service dialog. \
That test showed that Dolphin was able to open that dialog and even downloaded \
services…

BUT, when I tried to call Dolphin's about dialog I got a crash straight away:
---
QWidget: Must construct a QApplication before a QPaintDevice
QKqueueFileSystemWatcherEngine: error during kevent wait: Bad file descriptor
KCrash: crashing... crashRecursionCounter = 2
---
Here it wasn't even necessary to enter the Authors tab, Dolphin crashed before the \
dialog could be shown. :-(