List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Can't add .desktop file to KDM
From:       Francesco Nwokeka <francesco.nwokeka () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-06-16 15:29:11

Hi all.
	I've encountered a strange problem today.
I recently built and installed KDE from trunk to be able to go on with my GSoC project. All went
well until it was time to add the startkde of my new kde-trunk build to kdm.

this is what my "kde-trunk.desktop" file has inside:

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Type=XSession
Exec=/home/z3r0/KDE-Trunk/kde-trunk-install/bin/startkde
TryExec=/home/z3r0/KDE-Trunk/kde-trunk-install/bin/startkde
Name=KDE-trunk
Comment=KDE trunk version

I have this file in:
~ /usr/share/apps/kdm/sessions
~ /usr/share/xsessions/

both with the following permissions: "-rw-r--r--"

So in conclusion I can't start my trunk version of kde because the new .desktop file is not shown by
kdm.
Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong and how to fix this?

Cheers,
	Francesco