List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Handling errors in file transfer
From:       Cyril Oblikov <munknex () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-06-08 18:32:57

Hi, guys

I'm gsoc student. I'm a little afraid of changing something :) So I
need your judgments.

Currently I'm working on handling errors. The idea is not to interrupt
transfer when error occurs or user interaction is required. It will be
helpful when user starts long task and leave his computer. I think it
would be reasonable to continue the task and in the end to offer him
to resolve conflicts. And during the transfer process user will get
non-blocking warnings. If user is active at the moment, he may resolve
conflicts without waiting for the end of the task.

This makes sense especially in CopyJob and (maybe) DeleteJob. We
should take care only about error occurring at STATE_COPYING_FILES.
They are handled at CopyJobPrivate::slotResultConflictCopyingFiles(
KJob * job ). I would suggest adding problematic files in one of the
lists: "errors" or "requiring interaction" and emit corresponding
signal to inform connected widget.

Also it seems we need to improve OrgKdeJobViewV2Interface to inform
user about errors.

Any suggestions?